When you get that “stressed out” feeling, why not try:
- Deep breathing / Muscle Relaxation
- Meditation / Praying
- Listening to relaxing music, or your favorite music
- Exercising (stretch, walk, run, swim, bike)
- Playing with your pet
- Closing your eyes and recalling a fond memory
- Developing a sense of humor
- Expressing feelings
- Eating healthy food
- Making a list to help yourself get organized
- Taking a warm bath
- Making time to have fun
These are some suggestions from a great book called Ready… Set… R.E.L.A.X.: A Research Based Program of Relaxation, Learning and Self Esteem for Children by Jeffrey S. Allen, M.Ed. and Roger J. Klein, Psy.D.
I would also add – practice yoga. Give them a try.